HOW and WHY I went vegan

Hello again! Let's continue where I left off on my last post. Here's the story on how and why I decided to #govegan...

This happened almost 3 years ago while I was studying for my Master's. Now that I look back on it, it feels as if all the puzzle pieces came together at once to provide me with the answers I have been looking for for so long. On the one hand I was reading more and more about the healthiest diets and the best research all pointed to a Whole Foods Plant-Based diet, which meant no animal products so I was already having the possibility in mind. Then within the same week I attended 2 festivals:

- Irish farming festival (I won't name it): I was invited to go there, sold with the idea that it was a fun festival to go to. Not only was I extremelly uncomfortable for an unkown reason throughout the whole thing (probably my gut feeling knew how wrong everything was even befor I did), but the moment I saw all the poor caws being displayed as a mere product to try these new milking machines I couldn't take it anymore and I started crying. I just knew it was wrong, I tried to convince myself it's part of life but already the change was happening.


-  Dublin VegFest (Vegan Festival): This for me was the true definition of a fun festival where everyone was friendy, caring and supportive, there were loads of gorgeous sustainable products to buy, delicious cruelty free food and lots of interesting talks. The one that did it for me was James Aspey's speech (find video below). When he said "Is 10 minutes of good taste in my mouth really worth the life of an animal?" I broke down crying and decided right there and then I would go VEGAN! I would forever be grateful to my friend Kate who invited me to the festival and who always spread the beutiful message of veganism to me. 




In all honestly the only doubts I had after this decision was why did I not do it sooner?!! And if you ask any vegans they'll all say the same. Now simply close your eyes and ask yourself: what is the right thing to do? You have the choice of peace over cruelty so why would you ever choose the second one?

And if my story isn't enough to convince you on the next posts let's talk about why going vegan is not only the best choice for a cruelty-free, more sustainable world but also the best choice for your health! 
Please contact me for any questions or any help transitioning to a vegan life.



STAY tunned, STAY plant-based and STAY healthy! ;)  


Ana Calvo
.
#writingcommunity #govegan #plant-based



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why a Whole-Foods Plantbased diet is the healthiest and why as a nutritionist is the only diet I recommend

MICRONUTRIENTS ON A PLANT-BASED DIET

SUMMER FRUITS! BENEFITS + RECIPE IDEAS